Windows7

Browsers

Downloads

Google%20Chrome

Software Zone

Tech%20News

Browsers

Windows

Othet Recent

Sep 27, 2009

Google Chrome 30% Faster Than Firefox

Back in 2004 when Firefox 1.0 was launched, I loved having a browser that was different to what everyone else was using that was also so much better than the norm.  I consider Firefox now to be a mainstream browser and hence no longer the cool kid on the block.

I’ve been using Google Chrome as my main browser now for around 9 months and not only do I love it, but it’s also in my opinion the best browser on the market.  It’s key selling point for many is it’s speed; according to Computerworld Chrome 3.0 is 30% faster than Firefox.  However, Chrome’s interface speed also sets it apart – I can open multiple Chrome tabs and start working before Firefox has even initialised.

SunSpider benchmark results show Google's Chrome is the fastest of the top five Windows browsers at rendering JavaScript. (Lower scores/shorter graph bars are better.)

I’m an Apple iPhone 3GS user now after 6 years of Symbian/Windows Mobile based devices.  However, I recently got the chance to play with an HTC Hero and for me Android is looking like it will eventually win the mobile OS battle, at least from a technical and functional superiority perspective, as getting users to ditch their iPhones will be a very hard thing to do.  I can’t wait to get my hands on Google OS to play with which will combine and extend the best bits of Google Android and Chrome.  Given that I spend most of my PC time online, an OS that tightly integrates my favourite browser Google Chrome would be a winner for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment